The Project NEXT023 “Collaborative Platform to support research and technology transfer” is financially supported by European Commission in the framework of IPA Adriatic CBC Program.
NEXT intends to create a collaborative platform to support innovation and technology transfer in the Countries of the Adriatic area, through:
A. Promotion, expansion and consolidation, in qualitative and quantitative terms, of the cooperation among Research institutes, enterprises and researchers;
B. Testing mechanisms to support the research and technology transfer system in the area;
C. Representing a qualified interlocutor with institutional stakeholders in view of an enlarged R&I governance;
D. Embodying a competitive partner in research and technology transfer at the area level and internationally.
The Project implements in six Adriatic Countries and involves 11 Partners:
- In Italy – Marche Region (Lead Partner) and the Economic Development Department of Puglia Region;
- In Albania – The Foundation Partnership for Development and the Regional Council of Shkodra;
- In Montenegro – The Faculty of Information Systems and Technology of the University of Donja Gorica and the Chamber of Economy of Montenegro;
- In Bosnia and Hercegovina – The Faculty of Agriculture and Food Technology of University of Mostar and the Association for Economic Development REDAH;
- In Serbia – the Regional Economic Development Agency for Sumadija and Pomoravlje;
- In Croatia – City of Sibenik and the Istrian Development Agency.
So far, in fulfillment to IPA Adriatic objectives and mission the Next project is contributing in achieving:
– A consolidated concept about common development (how to develop regional resources in benefit to local communities);
– Improved capacities in planning and management of activities – Partners are better familiarized with the European Commission mechanisms and instruments for the development of resources at regional level;
– A clearer panorama about the resources available as a region, that can be explored in depth in the common process of development;
– Identification of the main actors that develop the resources, aiming to the building up of the Regional Network of these actors;
– Identification of needs about innovation and technology that can be coped by exploiting the resources available in our region;
– Initiated the process of the creation of networks among the actors, entrepreneurial, institutional, academic, training and research sectors, centers of excellences, having a sustainable and permanent solution;
Start-up of the online Collaborative Platform that will facilitate the technology and research transfer among the actors in all the region.